Thursday, April 14, 2005

A New Beginning

After 4 years and 1488 entries in another blog, hosted somewhere else, I've decided it is time for a change. When I started that blog, I was 19, single, in first year of a management program at the UofC and worked in a travel agency. Now, I am 23, I have a degree in International Relations, live with my boyfriend John, have a job at an Oil company and am planning on buying a house soon. Sometimes the past can get to be too much, and so start again with a fresh slate.

People in my life you'll probably hear about:
John: the boyfriend of 3.5 years. We've lived together for the last 9 months. He's a civil structural engineer.
Mom and Dad: self evident. Self employed and work at home. Some of my favourite people.
Courtney: my sister, who's off at UBC doing a science degree. She's insane, but I like her now that we live in different provinces.
Cathy and Vince: his parents. They're crazy, and entertain me for all the wrong reasons. On the whole nice people though.
Christine and Will: John's sister and her British boyfriend who lives in their basement.
Tina, Bonnie, Nathan, Phil, Luke, Darren, Mike, TinaJ, an a few others: group of friends. We're all nerds and have eclectic interests. We see less of each other since most of us have graduated, but still get together for birthdays and the occasional dinner.

Life is fun, and exciting, and really scary. Growing up is hard, and never quite like I expected it to be. I like documenting it, and hopefully, without the 4 years of embarrassing entries attached, I can motivated to keep this one going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home