Cleanse
So I'm doing this cleanse thing - Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox. Oddly enough, John was the one who pushed for us to try it. At my company's Christmas party, we sat next to a couple who had tried this cleanse, and the man claimed that after 12 days, he stopped being lactose intolerant for almost two years before it "wore off." Now, John and I are both lactose intolerant but have a strong love for good cheese, so the promise of being able to eat lots of cheese with out problems is, I believe, what tempted John in to doing it. My yoga teacher really liked it, and said all sorts of good things, so I figured, why not? It's only 12 days of my life.There are some really good parts about it: in 7 days, I've lost 8 pounds (some of that is, well, shit, but still), I'm feeling pretty good, I have somewhat broken the sugar habit (I'm only wanting really high quality dark chocolate; I want to throw away all the crap I've been given) and goodness knows, my bowels are cleaner. I can eat lots of different things, and because I like to cook, it's not that hard. On day 4, I felt *fabulous!*
The cons don't outweigh the pros, but they are there: on day 2 it felt like I had the flu, on day 3 I was so nauseous I couldn't eat, I poo constantly and the pills are completely, utterly vile. They taste horrible, especially the bile one. The drops aren't as quite as bad. If you're used to eating dairy, it would be hard to stop. (Goodness knows it was insanely difficult for me to give up milk and cheese. Still is hard, most days.) No flour and no sugar, either.
Oh well. I'm still feeling good, and only have 5 more days of nasty pills and potions to take. Next Thursday, I'm having a scone for breakfast and a loaf of (homemade?) bread with dinner, and a piece of good dark chocolate for dessert. Mmmm bread. I miss bread by far the most...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home