My yoga instructor didn't last more than 10.5 days...
"so I figured, why not? It's only 12 days of my life." <-- Ha! The why not is because, on day 10, I'm now DREAMING of eating chocolate chip cookies. I have never wanted sugar and bread so badly in my entire life. It's completely ridiculous. Normally, I can take sweets or leave them (though, I'll admit, it's more on the take side) but now? All I want is to make cookies from scratch and read dough. I want to make fresh foccacia bread and eat it soaked balsamic vinegar (another thing forbidden). I want a scone. I want Chinese dumplings and every other good thing. I'm not normally a person who craves food. Like it? Sure, quite a bit. But dream about it, fantasize about it? No. Sure, I think about food a lot, but that's manly the 'what should we have for dinner this week' type of thought. Not 'I must have tasty treats NOW' type of thoughts. 2 and a half more days... How am I going to manage? I've already been fantasizing about what I'm going to eat on Thursday: a scone and some chocolate for breakfast, fresh bread with dinner, shortbread for dessert... I'll make cookies the next day, and then I’ll eat... See, I know this defeats the whole purpose. I also see why dieting never works. I have never wanted these foods so badly in my life, and I know it's because I can't have them - not even a nibble. All it makes me want to do is binge, and I never want to binge. Of course, as it was a cleanse (and boy am I clean on the inside!) and not a diet, it's okay, I guess. I'm pretty sure I've broken my sugar habit, of just eating it because it's there and I've learned that I quite like brown rice. I've got some good new recipes, and noticed I really don't miss milk, even the fake soy stuff I'm used to. But I miss crunchy carbs. Those are my favorites, and I'm glad I only have 2 and a half days left, because otherwise I'd cheat my ass on right now.
3 Comments:
phew! your back to writting. I look forward to re-reading!
I tried that cleanse once and got horribly sick after a week - it totally shut down my immune system (although, after this year I am starting to think that my immune system us just faulty to begin with). I recently did my own quasi-cleanse and gave up sugar and bread products (including rice and pasta) but I didn't stress myself about it and planned ahead before I started. This is the first time where my body didn't freak out and start craving everything. I think because I didn't give up fruit my body was okay.
Yo! Here I am! Signed, the Flamingo
Post a Comment
<< Home