Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I am everything wrong

How can I ever truly like the people who stage 3 separate interventions to him about how I am not good enough? How do I get over everything and be the good nice fun person they all expect me to be?

No matter what I do, no matter how I try, I will never be good enough. I am too loud, too booky, too dumb, too smart, too snarky, too mouthy, too drunk, too fat, too chesty, too German, too Canadian, too opinionated, too messy, too wrong, to ever be right. How am I even expected to try, to be that person.

But I love him so much it takes my breath away.

What the hell am I going to do?

2 Comments:

At 11:08 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

you just have to deal with it. my husbands family aren't big fans of me. i just grit my teeth and keep going.

 
At 8:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is brutal. My grandmother hated my mother at first but my Dad sat her down and said something to the extent of "you have a choice - you can have a daughter-in-law or you can have no son" Sometimes threats work well because my father refused to hear anything negative about my mother from his family and eventually they got over themselves and everyone loves her - especially him. Maybe your boy needs to sit down with his family and tell them to get over themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home