Saturday, April 01, 2006

Life goes by very quickly

Benevolent Creator


In other news, we bought a new car (1994 Toyota Corolla!) that's older than our current car (1995 Chevy Cavalier) that sounds like a lawnmower and costs more to insure. Also, the turn signals and windshield wipers work, so that's really nice. American cars suck.

We are going on a vacation this summer. Without his parents! (Though at current count, they've tried to get us to go spend a week in BC with the whole extended family, a week in Hawaii with same group, and Cathy tried to invite herself along on our roadtrip.) But we have seemingly foiled their attempts to glom us on the them. Also, we now have a car that will probably survive the trip, so that's even better. John used to spend time ever summer in Oregon, so this is probably partly teenage fantasy fulfillment. Also, without his nice grandma along for the ride, we can actually get out of the car and go hiking (she can't walk very well).

It feels like spring, but I haven't seen any of our crocuses pop up. All the snow is currently gone. I wonder when the next snow storm will be. May, probably.

Tonight is a family bbq, and tomorrow a baby shower. My dad's family. Sigh. But the expecting couple is half Hindu, and so I'm really hoping for samosas tonight. I love samosas.

We just finished our 8th Indian cooking class. I can make butter chicken and naan bread and roti and dal and channa and chicken curry and beef biryani and saffron rice and all good things.

Darryl keeps popping up in my head all the time. I'm on constant vigilance for sightings. Still, after all this time.

Life continues. I read a lot of books and ponder why I have nothing to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home