Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Eight Random Things

I got this from Meli Melo...

1. I made had some left over swiss chard in the fridge, so I printed off this fabulous recipe from Tigers and Strawberries. Panch Phoron is made from an equal mix of "oniony nigella (kalonji in my house), musky cumin, sweet fennel, sharp mustard, and nutty fenugreek" and the only spice I had to worry about was the cumin - the container upstairs was almost empty and I had to go to the spice cupboard downstairs for more. That's it. The kalonji was in the drawer with the mustard (actually two kinds, but I used yellow) seeds and the cumin, and the fennel and fenugreek were in the cupboard above the spice drawers. Yes, I am a freak. But a very happily fed freak.

2. I am powerless in the face of the discard table at my local library. For fifty cents or a dollar, how can you resist? I can't, clearly. Which is was the jumbo bookshelf, the 3 slightly narrower bookshelf and the half height bookshelf just aren't cutting it these days. It's because of them! I'm too cheap to by very many books at full price, but for fifty cents I'll give almost anything a whirl. And no, I don't tend to give them back after - they're mine! My preciouses...

3. At 15, I wore as much black as a non-goth could get away with. Big, baggy black things. (Hey, it was the time of grunge...) And now? I'm still a huge fan of the black, but I have managed to embrace the colour pink, of all things. Pink. I have THREE different pairs of pink shoes. And shirts. And skirts. (I draw the line at pink pants, though.) I look good in pink - it suits my colouring.
This makes my inner 15 year old cry.

4. I have perfectly proportioned size 8 feet. They are the only thing in my body that nicely proportioned.

5. I have been doing yoga for just shy of 8 years. I can do an 7 minute headstand, but I can't do it away from the wall. Progress in baby steps, I guess.

6. I have a delightfully useless degree in international relations, with specializations in Latin America and Security & Strategy. The only real tangible application for the +30k I spent on my education is that fact that I'm pretty awesome at trivia games.

7. I have seen +250 bands perform live. Great Big Sea was one of the best. Ashley McIasac was the most messed up. The statement 'all music has value' is a lie, and if you argue I will bring up the 10 hour long junior and senior high school Christian punk show. A show, no less, where the only lyrics I understood the whole time were by a non-Christan (I hope!) band, and they were, and I quote, "I'm going to fuck your mom, motherfucker." Yes, seriously.

8. I have outgrown all but one of my childhood allergies. The only one left? Cats. Yes, I am violently allergic to my inlaw's cat, and that's why I've been sick for the last age. Damn that cat. On the upside, I don't have to go over there any more...

Play along if you 'd like.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still wear a lot of black too but I am trying to get away from it - I don't have a lot of pink but I look good in it, it actually makes me look healthy.

And I have stopped looking at the discard table at the library - no matter how much it calls out to me. We already have too much stuff in our little apartment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home