Friday, April 27, 2007

25 updates

As you may notice below this post is an update of my 25 in 25 list. I think, give it's 5 month tomorrow, that I'm progressing rather well. A lookback, shall we?


  1. Read a classic novel [This, for all I read constantly, is hard for me. I did buy the Morte D'Arthur yesterday at a book sale, so hopefully I'll get this one done soon.]
  2. Can or preserve something [That's a summer thing, so it's not surprising I've not done it yet.]
  3. Make a crazy fancy dessert, just for fun
  4. Donate money to charity [I tend to do this in October when I can get company matching.]
  5. Work out at least once every two weeks at home, one way or another [I'm pretty close to this, if I'm allowed to count cross country skiing and snowboarding. It's not perfect exact, but I don't feel I'm failing too badly.]
  6. Do a whole routine for John without talking, forgetting or stopping [He giggled like a school girl the whole time - not at me, more like he couldn't believe it was actually happening.]
  7. Flip upside down on the pole [I still need help up, and help sliding down, but I'm up and working on it!]
  8. Stay in shoulderstand for 5 minutes [God, I hate shoulderstand. I spend the whole time choking on my own breasts. But I did it. And then did it again the next week.]
  9. Stay in headstand comfortably for 5 minutes [Seriously, for a relative value of comfort, I did it. I mean, okay, I popped a couple of capillaries in my eyelids, but still. I went up, I breathed through the whole thing and did it. I think I actually stayed up for 7 minutes, so I'm calling this a success.
  10. Read an interesting non-fiction, non-biography book [Okay! It looks like I read a lot more non-fiction than I thought I did. Yay. Notice any themes though?]
  11. Take a non-fitness class [Not yet...]
  12. Make at least three new journals [When I finish this one...]
  13. Finish writing and get my cookbook printed through Lulu (before Christmas!!) [And it looked good!]
  14. Contact at least 2 friends I have let drift, and meet up with them [One down, one to go.]
  15. Do the rude Chinese cross stitch [I am just about finished the first of two pieces.]
  16. Pay off Cathy and Vince [2 k off, baby! We'll be paying them as soon as John's sister, who is flying in for a week, goes back to England. Don't want to compete for attention or whatever.]
  17. Take my parents out for dinner [Lower class restaurant than expected, but oh well.]
  18. Try a new craft (beading?)
  19. Do a really, really obscene cross stitch [Or possibly latch hook rug...]
  20. Suck it up and have Other Grandmother over for dinner [Done. And the bitch complained about everything from the water to the salad to the veggies with the roast chickens to the dessert. She did, however, like the house. You know, because that part's 'John's responsibility' or whatever.]
  21. Grow a garden - and actually water it this year [Can't plant yet! I am mapping it out in my head as we speak though.]
  22. Paint another room of the house [Summer project - I'm thinking guest bedroom.]
  23. Go to plays, beyond our Theatre Junction subscription [Done! Lots of plays, with many more to come - yay!]
  24. Have someone over (for dinner?) every month [We've done really well with this, sometimes having people over more than once a month. It's a good thing, I guess. I mean, I like to cook, it gives us an excuse to clean the house, see our friends, relieve our guilt obligations, etc.]
  25. Sent at least one postcard or real letter every month [I keep buying pretty stationary to make me even more excited to send letters. If you ever want me to mail you a letter using some of my pretty, pretty stationary, which includes hula girls, tony the tiger, stripes and spots, and some nostalgic dead gold fish (it's cute, I swear!) email me your address and I will send you something. Because I have lots of extra lilac stamps, you see.]

Over all, I think I'm doing pretty good with this thing. It's pushed me to do a few new thins, and hopefully in the next 7 months I'll get around to the rest of them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:27 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

Where did you get the hula girl stationary from?

 
At 2:15 p.m., Blogger Morgan said...

Paper Roots Studio - it's paper that folds up to be it's own envelope. Retro stylings, pretty fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home