Vacation 2007
God, there is nothing like the first day back from a vacation. My head is completely somewhere else, somewhere were it's 100 oF, there are hundreds of miles between me and my life, where miles is the appropriate measure of distance, and where the big question is where to eat and where to hike. The whole email and job and actually WORKING thing is going really badly today. Probably doesn't help that we got home at 11, unpacked the car, went to shower (it had been 5 days and filth was a problem!) and realized the hot water tank was still off. Oops. It ended up being a late night and now I am deeply, deeply tired. Oh well - totally great trip anyway.I'll get pictures up eventually, but we went to: Waterton, Glacier, Hell's Canyon, Bruneau Dunes, Malad Gorge, Haggerman Fossil Beds, Lava Hotsprings, City of Rocks, Craters of the Moon, Salt Lake City, Tapanagos Caves, Flaming Gorge, Fossil Butte, Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Among many other small stops. Do you notice a theme? I call this Rocks and Sagebrush 2007. It was great - got a ton of hiking in, took ~2000 pictures, ate some really good food, were not converted to Mormonism (no caffeine!), spent a lot of time wishing the car had a working air conditioner and seeing A VAST AMOUNT of sagebrush. Unless you've driven through the west states, you have no clue just how much sage brush, emptiness and space exist. Pretty remarkable, really. Makes for some hellaboring driving though.
Glad to be home, sad to be home. Simply glad to be clean and nice smelling again. Now to try and make my battered feet look pretty again. (Daily hiking in a combo of sandals and leather steel toe hiking boots give a girl cracked, black heels. If I get a pedicure, I think I had better warn them ahead of time what they are getting in to. Eek.)
Labels: vacation

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home