Front door of our new house
The front door of our new house. It was built in 1968, and you can tell. It's not the most typical style, being a two story, but it has the EXACT SAME fire place as the one at my grandparent's house, which was built across the city within a year of this one. Utterly identical. It freaks me out, in a delicious teary way. It actually has three fireplaces: two wood burning and one gas. It's a big house, and we totally don't have the furniture to fill it. And that's okay, because we have all the time in the world to grow in to this house. Sure, we can see what needs to be done (redecorating and removing all the country kitch crap, bigger better kitchen, maybe making a big master suite and 2 other bedrooms upstairs instead of 3, and so on) but it's fine just as it is. Well, except for that fugly pink 'lesbo' bathroom. That has GOT to go. But I love this house already. It may be a little farther from downtown than I wanted, but I love the house. After seeing it the first time, I walked out grining so much it felt like my face would fall of. I was crushed when we found out it was conditionally sold, and joyful when we had the chance to buy it after all. Sure, it's not perfect. No house that old is. No house is. But it sure is lovely.


1 Comments:
Lovely home - I love those older Big Willow Park homes. I must say, if you have to move out to the 'burbs you picked a good one.
I just read the Mister your comment and we laughed. Funny that we were both at that restaurant tonight - we have never been there before. I don't remember seeing you but a)I don't really know what you look like and b)I was so tired from working and running around like mad that I barely remember eating.
The Mister probably was John's TA - he used to TA physics for engineers a lot. He is laughing right now beause your conversation probably went:
John: He was such a dick when I was in his class!
You: Really, when she writes about him he seems like a really nice guy.
Anyway, if you ever see me out and about again feel free to come up and say hi. Although, if I am at work (Kensington Sbux) don't mention the diary thing or I won't have any where to vent any more. ;)
*melanie
Post a Comment
<< Home