Thursday, April 21, 2005

That's one hell of a shopping spree...

Well, this is a good day. The cleanse is over, so I had 6 mini eggs and a cranberry scene for breakfast. Tasty sugar goodness. Now that my need for sweets has been satisfied, I feel a lot better.

Also, in other news, we kind of bought a house this morning. Yeah. Gosh. This was in no way in my mental plan for this week, let alone this year, but there we go. We just bought a house for $272,000. 4 bedrooms, 1600 scoffed above grade, hardwood everything, new windows, 60s rec room in the basement, jetted bathtub, plus several original and ugly toilets. It's a big, grown up house. It's the kind of place where you have kids. (Yes, during house shopping we took that into consideration. Because we're freakishly mature for 22 and 23.)

You know, that's one of my big troubles with this whole thing: how grown up it all feels, when inside I still feel about 12. I know I am a boring, responsible person at heart, and that there's nothing I can to do change that. I am the kind of person who pays their bills on time, never carries a balance on my credit card, doesn't buy things when I have no money, has no debt (until next month, anyway) and cooks most meals because I'm too cheap to eat out regularly. I am a boring, fiscally conservative child of two accountants. Buying a house is logical, even to me, with out a having an iron ring that sends out telepathic brain waves to its owner saying "buy real estate". (Hey, all Canadian engineers get iron rings. And basically all of them want to buy houses as soon as they can. You got a better theory?)

One year ago this week I was writing the last of my final exams. This year I buy a house. Where on earth will I be next year??

1 Comments:

At 10:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm house shopping, and even I'm looking for a place where I can raise kids. And I don't even have a boyfriend! It's something you've got to think about, though... A house is that kind of investment. And I don't know whether or not I'll still live there once I get married and have a family, but I want it to be an option, at least.--Alida :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home