I am sick
And I make for a lousy sick person.On Saturday night, we went out for dinner to celebrate Mike's birthday, and then we went back to his (mom's) house to watch a movie. First, there was the questionable party movie choice: the Corporation was his first choice, and The Importance of Being Ernest was the one we watched. A good movie, to be sure, but not my first recommendation for a good party. And then there were the pets. Two cats, and a dog. I am allergic to both. (Plus: all other creatures with fur, skin or dander, pussy willows, dust, mold, pollen, grass and some other things. Pretty much everything.) Now, I have built up a tolerance by being at John's house (one small dog and a long haired cat), but even after all this time I can't handle being in the basement where the cat hangs out for more than about half an hour before I start to get sick. And that's in a house where Cathy vacuums all the damn time.
I am quite sure Mike never vacuums the basement. Or the rest of the house. Or grooms the damn pets. Someone stroked one of the cats and the dog, and you could watch handfuls of pair fly up into the air. That's just gross, even when it doesn't make you sick. There was hair everywhere.
At any rate, after the first half hour, I felt bad. An hour in to the movie, I was fading in and out of awareness, and by the end, could barely breathe. I'd already blown my nose 10 times, and felt like nothing more than a nasty phelm factory. We went home, I popped an antihistamine and passed out.
Sunday was a waste - post allergy attack I am like a zombie wrapped in cotton batting. And two days later, I still feel like it. Gah. In my next life, I'd like a healthy body, please.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home