Monday, May 16, 2005

Welcome to the Great (still) White North

You have to love the weather in Calgary, and in Alberta. It's all so very random. Saturday afternoon in the 20oc heat we started our new garden, turning over soil and planting seeds. Sunday morning found us in 2oc chill snowboarding down a mountain. That's right: May 15 in Alberta is still skiing time. Don't you wish you lived here too?

But seriously, it was the second last weekend Sunshine is open, and Sunshine is the last open ski hill in the Canadian Rookies. Pretty impressive for a hill which makes no artificial snow. It was weird to board on, though. It was deep and soft and cystalized. At one point, I managed to strand myself most of the way up a hill in deep snow. The usual method of popping one boot out of the bindings and pushing my way up the hill didn't work, as every time I put my foot down, it sunk further into the snow. I finally gave up, and freed my other foot. I then proceeded to kneel on my board, and use my arms to pull me to the top of the hill.

Actually, that does probably explain the rather intense headache, and the fact that if I try to look to the side or up or down I feel I feel a crazy amount of pain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home