Dryness and lack of that jolly Christmas feeling
Calgary is normally really dry, but this year it seems worse than most. My skin is peeling, especially on my hands. They were so dry yesterday my nail bed started bleeding in the middle of a store for no particular reason. I moisturize lots but this winter is just so dry. Especially as a Chinook rolled in and melted all the snow. The usual crazy weather: +18 one week, -32 with windchill a week and a half later, and then back up to +10. I don't care what they say about a dry cold versus a wet cold, -32oc is freaking frozen.Now that all the snow has evaporated, it's even harder to get into the Christmas spirit. John did put up some out door lights. I've wrapped some present, but whatever. My family rule growing up was No Christmas Until December 14th, which is the day after my mom's birthday. Which is tomorrow. Which means I really have to get her that immersion blender TONIGHT.
I don't know though. I'm really not feeling this season. Probably because his family is giving me an ulcer. At least they provide wine at any and all family functions, so that takes the edge of all that boring togetherness crap. It's not the togetherness that's boring, it's them as people. They don't have lives, so the conversation never changes. They don't even watch tv. No, I don't know what they do either. They stress me out - and this is after they stopped hating me for being fat and half German and not passive enough for their son.
(For the record, I'm not really fat either. I'm a size 10 with gigantic breasts, so while I'm no waif, I'm not the bloated monster they used to caution him against. The half German part is true enough, and passivity is for boring people. Plus, John wouldn't like a passive girl - no fun in that!)
So while I've gotten over them hating me, as have they, it's almost worst because now Cathy LIKES me, and has some problems separating Her from Me. As in, Cathy likes Christmasy dishes, so therefore that's what Morgan would like for her birthday! I only wish I was kidding. She really doesn't understand that I am not joking about covering my Christmas three in dark blue and black ornaments. Because I love them. It's great that she likes me know, but bad that she can't figure out that what Morgan likes does not equal what Cathy likes, almost ever. About anything.
Also, I think she is crazy and needs to go see a doctor - a real doctor, not just someone who proscribes pain pills, or agrees with her all the time. But that's between you, me and the internet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home