Party
It wasn't a total waste, though John sure got wasted. He was still hungover yesterday. Tacky, I know and I'm sure I'd love my Adult license if there was one. But that's okay. One needs these little moments of pure debautchery. There was perhaps more than my share of that going around, but that's all that needs to be said about that. The only witnesses for the worst of it were either involved, or a willing audience.On Friday, we had a perfectly lovely evening. Thursday was our 4 year anniversary, so we celebrated by going out for dinner. Other years we have done presents, but this year, between the financial situation of a house, the bunch of birthdays and Christmas, and the lack of good ideas, we decided to scrap the presents and just dine. We went to the revolving restaurant in the Calgary Tower, and the food was great. As was the view! The sky cleared up, and with it being -25 outside, the air was crystal clear and we could see everything. And the food was great - we shared the meat and seafood platter as a starter and my shrimp was the single best shrimp have ever eaten in my entire life. And you can never go wrong with boar sausage, prosciutto and candied salmon. John said it was probably the best lox style salmon he's ever had, and his family used to go to Oregon ever summer. I barely ate seafood before we met. I certainly had never eaten lobster, real crab, scallops or mussels. And love I am full of seafood love.
Not a terrible start to the next month of parties. Our company Christmas parties are back to back, there is a group New Year's Eve party, we are hosting my extend family's New Year's Day party. Then in January, there are birthdays. Erin's is one weekend, and John, Nathan and my sister all have a birthday in two days the following week. Please don't even get me started on the utter disaster of trying to schedule Christmas week, because then I may cry. Seriously.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home