Monday, November 21, 2005

Knee, why has thou forsaken me?

My knees are funny shaped. Really weird, actually. And the right one hurts every single day. So I've made my annual medical appointment, and will talk about it then. However, it worries me that I can go through this entire list and find none that match.
http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/kneeprobs/kneeqa.htm#5 That's a big list, you know? In fact, it feels like my tendons hurt in places I"m not supposed to even have tendons.
It hurts every single day and I try not to talk about it too much, because I look like a whiner. But then we go hiking (don't ask me why snowboarding doesn't hurt it any more than living does) and I end up in the most extreme agony I ever hope to have for at least fifteen minutes on the downhill. It hurts every day when I wake up now, and sometimes going down stairs. But not always. I do yoga once a week, pilates twice and a ball class. Yoga works the legs a lot. In the spring, I took an aerobic class (now full) that involved all foot work, all the time, including step, and that didn't hurt. I have fabulous looking and strong legs now. So why is the pain getting worse? I'm doing all the right things - hell, I even bought a two story house so that I end up doing at least 10 flights of stairs a day. And it's getting worse. I am 23 years old, take my glucosamine daily and am sounding like an old person. That's sad.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home