Monday, December 12, 2005

My big whine

So my big whine (like this whole last month hasn't been?) is a big problem, at least for me.

I have large breasts. It's true, and it's unavoidable. It is genetic, and I think they hate me.

I have never been a small person. Short, sure, but small, no. I was accused of stuffing my bra before I even wore one. By 8th grade I was a C cup. By now I'm a 36 E. Which is still okay - my little sister was a 34G before her reduction surgery. I too plan to have the surgery, but I am going to wait until I have finished having kids. It's okay for now. I have great core strength, between the fitness class, the pilates classes and all the yoga, so the back pain is at a bearable level. I have developed very good posture on purpose, because it helps. But that doesn't mean I don't day dream about the day they are reduced to a normal C or even D cup. The day when I can button up shirts, find bras that cost less than $70, wear tshirts with patterns...

The day I can buy a fucking sports bra! Please, some one tell me why sports clothing manufactures refuse to design fitness clothing for the group that needs it most? Most people with breasts as large as mine are rather out of shape, and if they are to exercise, they need proper support! I can not even tell you of the nightmare of a step class in a subadaquate sports bra. I have done bits of various aerobics classes while holding my boobs down, because all the bounding hurts! My work (fitness) bra goes from C7 of my spine most of the way to my waist and it is only so good. My yoga ones are basically shredded, but I cannot find a replacement. At least, not one that leaves my neck and the few vertebrates below free, and isn't so tight I can do the pranayama (breathing exercises) but is still tight enough that I am, you know, supported. I'm even willing to pay money for this. ~$50 is my limit, but if you think I can find a sports bra in larger than a C? Ha. We were at the camping store for something else, and B was the largest available. Fuckers, is all I can say. I guess I'm going to have to give in and go to a larger ladies store, but that makes me feel sad. I have worked very hard on loosing weight, and more particularly on reshaping my body. Since I started working, I have dropped from a 12-14 to a 10 in pants. Sadly, my breasts keep getting bigger, in defiance of all logic and generally accepted principles on the way the body works. One of my aerobics instructors was shocked - she had never heard about that before - loosing 10 pounds and going up a cup size. It's not fair.

This weekend at Old Navy, I finally gave in and bought myself a yoga outfit. Pants, top and jacket, all in black, for less than the cost of a pair of pants at Lululemon, the yoga store in this part of the world. I was please, because I got the pants in a medium. The shirt? An extra large. That needs the straps shortened, because I am very short.

All in all, this makes me feel very bitter and cranky. I'm sorry, but it does.

Does anyone know where in Canada I can buy a sports bra that fits while still allowing me to breathe?!?

2 Comments:

At 8:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

junonia.com delivers to Canada though their shipping fee seems a little steep. They've got good sports bras in larger sizes for under $40 US.

I love most of their stuff, but sadly can't afford to buy my entire warddrobe there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home