Tuesday, June 27, 2006

For a change, there is a reason for my absence:
Crater Lake
And this:
Sunset in Seaside
And a lot of this:
Ocean
And a few days here:
Redwoods
And a visit to this:
Dry Falls
And seeing lots of animals:
Puffin!

An all together excellent vacation - we headed south, dashed through Idaho, stopped for the first night in Washington State, spent a week travelling south in Oregon, hiking all the time, went as far south as the Avenue of the Giants redwoods in California, came back up the Oregon coast, spent another night at a cool place in Washington and then back home. 17 days, 6400 km, no big disasters, decent weather for most, a ton of hiking, a GIG of pictures, camped for the whole time, ate a lot of great food, went outlet shopping, did fun tourist things, watched lots of sunsets and so on. I'll talk more as I start to process, but let me just say that America? Is not like Canada, and I was surprised.

3 Comments:

At 4:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment was very inspiring. And yes, I am going to the Yoga Studio - it is close enough that I can walk, bike or drive if, like this morning, I realized the class started in 15 minutes. So far I have liked both of my instructors.

Your trip sounds like fun. There is no trip for us this summer (which is fine with us because we need to save money) but I really hope we get to the mountains a couple of times.

 
At 3:19 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Where was the first one taken?

 
At 5:16 p.m., Blogger Morgan said...

Thanks! In order they are: Crater Lake OR, Seaside OR, Crescent City CA, Jedidiah Smith Redwood Forest CA, Dry Falls WA, and a puffin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home