Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another white dash

Last night, after John came home late from working on his company'sCanstruction entry, he sat down at the computer and using Google Maps (that great idea that sucks in execution) to show me where he wants to go this summer. (We've already agreed that it will be another road trip and that we'll fly somewhere next year.) His suggestion was to drive to Glacier National park, then on to Nez Perce Nat. Park, then to Hell's Canyon Nat. Recreation Area, the to Craters of the Moon Nat. Monument, followed by a drop in to Utah for um, something, then I think it was Fossil Butte Nat. Monument, then north through Grand Teton Nat. Park, then spending a few days in Yellowstone Nat. Park. Then maybe if I've been bad we'll stop at Lewis and Clark Cavern State Park. (No offense to the caverns, which I saw as a kid and recall being awesome. It's just the Lewis and Clark thing bugs the crap out of me, for various reasons, primarily based history founded on reality instead of mythology.) Then to Great Falls for an afternoon of below the border shopping and then home.

You are all rolling your eyes and gagging on this trip, right? All those parks! All those trees and rocks! All those endless miles of road!

I swooned and my eyes teared up as I realized again that I have been so lucky as to find such a great match for me. All those trees and rocks and miles of road and a good sound track and nights in a tent and approximately one million pictures and random food and probably a sunburn or two and weeks with only the occasional shower and wearing my hair in nothing but pigtails and not having to talk to anyone else for weeks and making memories and and discovering new places and being allowed to let the world outside the two of us slip away behind us on the ribbon of road... It's not my dream holiday, which is set far away and very expensive, but it sounds like pretty much the perfect one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home