Tired
I am tired of being me. Could we change, just for a week or two? My job is could be like your vacation and I have a nice big house for you to play in.Really, I guess I just want to step away from all of this, just for long enough to catch my breath before the next wave. The next set of bills. Of in-law dinners. Of painting. Of trying to force myself to press for social interaction with the people I call friends. Of the responsibilities of being an adult. Of the stress that comes from being in your early 20s and have no fucking clue what you want to do with your life. Of having to be the responsible one, the cautious one, the fiscally responsible one. I am tired and exhausted and overwhelmed by all I must do.
Bills. House stuff. Paying parents. Watering plants and planning the conversion of front grass yard to rock and shrub garden (because plants are really cheap now). Painting. Working. Getting to a doctor and trying to find out just what the hell is wrong with me, as the lactose intolerance diagnosis just isn't holding up. God, even the thought of dealing with that is making me sick in the stomach. Sicker.
But really, it is not that bad. Good job, enough money, nice house, cute boyfriend. Garden fresh vegetables.
Lots of fresh peach jam.
So could we trade, please? Just for long enough for me to catch my breath and catch up on sleep and let the stress ooze out of my system? Please?

3 Comments:
I would trade because I would love to have a big house to play in (could I rent a dog for the week?) but that you mean that you would have to get up at 4 a.m. to go to work most days and that would kill any possibilty you would have for sleeping in.
I understand how you feel though - life is about to get really stressful for me.
And I can't believe you got spammed in your comments box! That is just so tacky.
Trading doesn't sound so bad, although, I've just started a new "phase of life" so I'm not quite burned out yet.
I like the sound of cold though. Lots and lots of heat in la louisiane!
on a completely unrelated note, thanks for the note you left about the drywayll guy. i figured none of my complaints were that unusual, but i wanted to check to be sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home