Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I am done, baby!

Totally done with my Christmas shopping. Totally done. Half of the presents are even wrapped. Now all I have to do is make up some gift certificated to tell my parents what we are actually doing with them for Christmas, and wrap the rest of the presents.

And buy the tree, and decorate it with black ornaments, BECAUSE I CAN BECAUSE THIS IS MY HOUSE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME, nyah nyah nyah. Ahem. I was addressing my mother in law type there a bit. That's okay, if you can get it in black that's what I want. Unlike her, who thinks I should like pink and flowers and crap like that. There is nothing wrong with any of that, but there is nothing Morgan & John about any of that either. I have painted one room in the house already, the ensuite bathroom, and I painted the walls really dark grey, the trim white and the open cupboard BLACK. Because I can, and because modernism and mid century retro is sexy. And because while I may look good in pink (much to my inner 15 year old's disgust) it doesn't mean that's the colour I want to live with.

Oh, and clean the house, bake something, get ready for hosting my family's large pot luck New Year's Day celebration, have friends over, do some yoga, cook, clean and all the other daily fun parts of been a grown up. But what the hell, I get to paint things black and put up naughty cross stitches and decorate my Christmas tree with black ornaments. So over all, this growing up thing isn't too bad at all.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 a.m., Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Please -- post pictures of the tree? Sounds fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home