Ick
Annual physical: one and a bit hours of being poked and questioned and diagnosed.Dinner with in-law: several hours of eating and drinking and decorating a Christmas tree, plus an allergic reaction to the food. My hand is still red and splotchy from the rash, and I still don't feel that good. My chest skin is still a bit raw feeling, and I keep dozing off at my desk. Oh, and the headache is back.
This is freaking me out. While I am allergic to literally every airborne allergy (including birds, pussywillows and rodents, not to mention cats, dust and mold), I am not allergic to any food or medicine. I may be lactose intolerant or perhaps as yesterday's doctor suggested, have irritated bowel syndrome, but I'm not allergic to anything. So to have a typical allergic reaction to food I eat regularly is freaking me out. Also, I itch and did I mention this headache?
God, I sound like an ancient person. I just turned 24. I take glucosamine everyday. I work out 4 times a week, at least. I drink 2-5 liters of water a day (I'm thirsty a lot.) I eat lots of fiber. I'm doing all the right things and it's still not working. I have to start physio for my knee problems (probably an IT band problem on one side, old sports injury on the other). I'm starting a trial of IBS medication for two months to see if it helps. I have to have blood tests for diabetes and thyroid, and they need to see if my iron levels are back out of that of borderline anemia... Did I mention I am partially deaf in one ear, blind in both eyes, have chronic sinitus rhinitus and got carpral tunnel, bursitis and tendonitis in my arms a few years ago? Yeah. Is this normal? I mean, for someone in their mid twenties? Not mid seventies, like I sound?
I have to go put more cream on now. At least it's yoga tonight. That makes me feel good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home