How naughty
It's amazing when you find something so exciting to you personally that you get tears of excitement in your eyes. I wonder what it says about me that I found this and got that reaction? Oh, who the fuck cares, bring on the pole dancing!Hehe. But seriously. I've taken a few months of what is euphemistically called Diva class at work, which is Stippercize mat work, and have loved it. They brought in chairs, but not so much with the poles, you know? I've been reading Heather as she talks about the classes she takes in LA, and was all jealous because you can't do stuff like that in Calgary. But HA! Yes you can! And so I will. This makes me grin like an idiot, you have no idea.
I don't even know why, really. Almost the same reaction as when I found out that my yoga studio is opening a new location about 10 blocks from my house. Who knew I would ever get excited by exercise? I can assure you that I have at least a dozen old swim coaches who would have to pick their jaw off the floor. (I was an obnoxious teenager who 'swam' 6 days a week because I liked my friends there. After the pool put in a hot tub, I started getting even more foot cramps.)
So this makes pole dancing Monday nights, intermediate yoga Thursday nights, and fitness classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at lunch. Now if I could just stop eating too much all would be good...

5 Comments:
It's the fitness class at noon that make me want to work for your company - no other reason really and one oil company seems like the other but YOURs has fitness at noon!
Keep us updated on the pole dancing class - I want to hear what you think of it.
A fitness room AND killer parties, if I do say so myself. :) Oh, and two Fridays off a month and jeans on the other Fridays. Plus, good people. And I'm not just saying this for the recruitment bonus...
Sara - I will. I can't seem to shut up about it in real life, so I may as well talk about it everywhere...
I watched a show on pole dancing workouts, I think it was on E! It looks fun, and the best part is if you tart it up with lots of flipping your hair around and exaggerated sexiness (think cat scratches, meow!), you burn even more calories!
I just finished reading through some of your stuff, and:
I love your house! I make a killer risotto too and I even have it down to a sick little ritual,which means I can't tell anyone lest they think Ive lost my mind...and wow, I am jealous of your vacation!
I'm going to come back and read more because I'm curious to find out where you work that you get to do fitness classes. Er, probably a gym, right?
Jaeme - a gym would make perfect sense, wouldn't it? And yet, I work in the head office of a giant multinational oil company! The market is really crazy up here right now, so everyone is trying hard to attract and keep employees. Thus the jeans, Fridays off, etc. The fitness classes are a legacy of one of the old companies - apparently they've been going on for at least a decade. My company does treat its employees well.
I want to hear your obsessive risotto recipe - I am a huge fan of weird ritual cooking myself...
Post a Comment
<< Home