The good, the bad and the ugly
Remember this?
Ugly as can be, yeah? Well...
The good:

We have purchased the crown molding, the baseboards, the door surrounds, the sink, the shut off valves... I think we have the wall colour chosen. We still have the floor as an outstanding issue, but that should be chosen by tomorrow afternoon. We ripped off the wallpaper, the paper that was under that, taken out the sink cabinet, the wall cabinet and the towel rack. There is some weird goo that we are having trouble washing off, so are going to try with stronger chemicals tomorrow. But it is officially no longer pink, so thank god for that. (I'm going with chocolate walls, cream trim, probably black tile floor and white ceiling. Pictures will follow.
The bad:

Crazy bad hail storm yesterday. That pile of shredded lettuce is actually what's left of our fabulously healthy rhubarb patch. At least we can still eat most of it. (Anyone in Calgary want rhubarb??)
The ugly:

Onions mostly destroyed (the remaining things are shallots), shattered zucchini blossoms, shredded swiss chard, dead pepper plants, crushed potato plants and the peas out of shot are a mess. Sigh. Stupid Calgary weather. Goodbye much of the garden.

1 Comments:
Oh, your poor garden! We have had an inordinate amount of hail this summer don't you think?
I can't believe the yoga studio is raising their drop in prices - ugh! I don't get to go for the next little while because of the big whole in my toe but I was hoping they would have some sort of deal on in the fall. Of course, everything is future job-dependant these days.
Post a Comment
<< Home