Monday, September 25, 2006

I've been hiding

I keep meaning to post the pictures of what I've been up to, but that's not really worked, has it? No. So what have I been up to?

A while ago, I made two types of relish (about 13 jars each) of corn relish and normal green relish. Both from farmer's market veggies. I also made 20 jars of pickles. My mother split the cost and some of the work for her half. The funny thing is, I hate relish. It's yucky. The only time I will eat it is on a Peter's Drive-In burger. My father doesn't like it either, so it's all for my mom and John. The pickles, however, I adore. I can't wait for them to be ready to eat. Soon, my pretties, soon...

The bathroom is pretty much done, and looks great. The $300 tap is gorgeous and square. The room looks unbelievably different. All that I have to do is one more coat of touchup on the door upright and a little bit where the saw John used to trim the door marked the paint. But otherwise? Fabulous. No more pink at all.

Went to see the Suicide Girls last night. (Google it yourself. At home. NOT work safe. At all.) It was interesting. Though to be honest, more than a little bit repetitive. But it was neat to see and I have some ideas for my pole dancing.

My pole? Arrives today! I am so excited. In order to have a nice looking place to practice (and practice I will need, if I am ever going to be strong enough to go upside down)

I had a fit of enthusiasm the weekend before last and in 20 minutes ripped off all the ugly wallpaper in my yoga room. It was fun. Not so fun has been the removing of the wall paper glue. 12 hours of work and counting... But I have picked the paint (medium dark purple on 3 walls, really really dark purple on the 4th, white trim), primed the closet, got 3.5 walls prepped and ready to go. So it's getting there.

I'm doing this in part because John's got a crazy deadline coming up, so a ton of overtime, and he also write his big Engg test the day of his deadline. So he's... occupied. The only think I'll need help with in the yoga room is the patching on the walls, but that's not that big of a deal.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all my commitments right now. There's a lot, especially this week. I'm a little stressed out in general. I'm hoping it passes. Oh, and if Vince says one more thing about the state of clean in my house? I'll pop him one in the face. (He also told me that yoga is a cult. Yes. Not that there may not be cultish yoga groups out there, but I can certainly say that my studio? Equals not with the cult. At all. Hell, his daughter was a Dancer for 15 years - you want a cult? That freaky ass group of want-to-be Lolitas is a hell of a lot closer. Again - bite me Mr. Man.) Neither John nor I are natural cleaners, and we've been super busy. That said, the weekend before last I scrubbed down the entire kitchen. Every flat surface was cleaned. The fact that there are some boxes in the dining room that need to go away doesn't matter. If it bothers you, don't come. You know? Oops, sorry. A lot of bile even still.

Basically, I've been busy. And I'll try to post pictures, because you've seen how ugly that bathroom used to be. Now you must see it's splendour.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 a.m., Blogger Sara said...

You sound like a pro at all this reno stuff. Will you come over and work on my basement? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home