Reno Hell, Day 15
Look, it's starting to look like a room! John got the crown moldings up! They need some touchups, to cover the nail holes and some places where the walls were scratched, but that shouldn't take too long.
However, won't be getting to that until Sunday because:

The tile can't be touched for 24 hours, which places us at 11:15 Saturday night, and I don't think that's probably the best time for renos.
The colours aren't coming quite true, and as the room it lit by a single bare 100 watt bulb, it's hard for me to be sure what exactly it looks like. But I'm thinking it goes, so that's good.
I love these Fridays off - we get so much done! Today we bought this sink bench, and some irises, and some fun round mirrors to complete the ensuite bathroom reno I did last year that I don't appear to have taken any pictures of. There are a few pictures showing the utter pale whiteblue blandness of the room, and none with it's new dark grey colour, fresh white trim and black open shelving. Note to self - go take some pictures. At any rate, we've been unable to pick any form of decoration for the room, as it's so humid we are hesitant to put anything with any amount of paper up. On Tuesday, we got an flyer in the mail from Home Outfitters that featured 7 small round mirrors in 3 different sizes. This compliments the round theme that room developed - round mirror, round hand towel thingy, round knobs... Eh, there are worse themes then 'round and shiny'. We also bought more pepperoni from PolCan and then came home and did a ton of work. Amazing what you can achieve on a day that feels stolen from work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home