Friday, August 25, 2006

Light at the end of a tunnel isn't a train

Well, at least one good thing has happened this week. I don't know what it is, but every one I have talked to has had a crappy week. The light at the end of the tunnel for me is what will probably be a very well received early happy birthday present for me.

The Goo Goo Dolls are coming to town and I have tickets! This has been one of my favourite bands since high school, when Dizzy Up the Girl came out. I fell asleep listening to their music for more years that I can count, back when I used headphones to sing me to sleep. There is nothing like John Rzeznik whisper in your ears at the end of Naked to make for happy dreams.

I have good tickets too - center mezzanine, second row. I'm very excited and thank god for something going right this week. I've been stalking the Ticketmaster website this morning, and yesterday I actually called my corporate TM contact to ask how many seats were left, so that I could sleep easier know it was more likely I could get tickets. Don't laugh - the Our Lady Peace show we went to months ago sold out in less than 3 minutes.

(Don't ask about the roadtrip - angry discussion are ongoing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home