Monday, August 14, 2006

Reno Hell, Day 11

Well, it looks better at any rate.
John's pretty handy and patched up the wall where the medicine cabinet was. I'm putting in a simple mirror, so I don't need the cabinet space and I'm hoping the mirror will cover up the square, which is actually far less visible without the flash, thank goodness.
IMG_2039

After the first coat, it look like shit. Literally, unfortunately.
IMG_2046

The next coat looked like liquid milk chocolate:
IMG_2047

The third coat looks all warm and chocolatly, as I wanted. I have another coat of white on the ceiling to do, and then a final coat of brown. (Best order to do that in? Probably not, but oh well. Learning curve.)
IMG_2051
We are putting in slate tile floor, so John ripped up the subfloor and the lino, only to discover that the lead toilet thingy had started to dissolve, so it was leaking. Yuck. At least we found it before it got too bad. He's laid down the subfloor and tonight will cut a whole for the toilet pipe thing. (Don't ask me - I can do lots but not plumbing.)

John cut the crown molding, baseboards and door surrounds this weekend. Painting them is a bitch. But at least the door is no longer pink.
IMG_2052

1 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Blogger Sara said...

I like the brown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home