I must have been having fun...
Oh my goodness. I just realized that it was 5 years ago this week that I met John. Man. I cannot believe it. On one hand, my god, that's a 5th of my life! On the other, I can't even imagine my life without him.What I wrote the day I met him and another friend of Mel's, "But these guys where great. Okay, yeah, there was a bit of flirtage involved, nothing too serious. It's just hard not too when the mood is right, when the laughter is loud and easy."
And a couple of weeks later, "This whole situation has "amusing diversion" written all over it."
I figured the relationship would not work - we were both far too messed up. The nicest guess was 6 months, tops. Who knew that the mouthy, angry, sexually explicit, drunk engineer student would end up more or less being the man of my dreams? I just figured he'd make me laugh and put out. I certainly had no plans to fall in love with him. Man, did that blindside me. But it's been amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. And yes, we both have grown up tremendously in the last 5 years. He's now mouthy, sexually explicit, only occasionally drunk, and is writing his professional exam as I type.
Oh god. This probably means we have to get married soon!
I'm kidding. I won't get married until we pay off the debt we owe his parents for helping with the downpayment on our house. I figure by June. Then we can start talking about marriage.
Man, who would have thought that I'd end up here, more or less where I wanted to be when I grew up? How did I get so lucky??

1 Comments:
Hey, I have been stopping by from time to time just kind of lurking on your blog. I just re-read through a huge portion of my old diary, and then clicked onto my guestbook and was reminded it had been awhile since I've checked you out. Just wanted to say congratulations to you and I know the feelings you have re: unexpected person being "the one." Such a nice feeling to have and especially with the overall happiness and whatnot makes for a good life.
My boyfriend moved out last week with no explanation, no note and nothing leading up to it. We were incredibly happy and talking about getting married. I only have a guess as to why he did it, and that is mainly due to financial reasons. So, I am glad for you and I hope that you won't take your relationship for granted (I'm sure you won't).
And...sorry for being kind of random!
Post a Comment
<< Home