Tuesday, December 04, 2007

25 in 25

Here is a list of the 25 things that I tried to accomplish in my 25th year:

  1. Read a classic novel
  2. Can or preserve something (two types of pickled beets, a jar of rhubarb chutney and a couple of jars of home made tomato sauce)
  3. Make a crazy fancy dessert, just for fun
  4. Donate money to charity (I am my company's Heart and Stoke Big Bike Cordinator, so I had to donate money. Aug 30; Food Bank via Corporate Challange. Oct 25; donation for Corporate Matching, Oct 15)
  5. Work out at least once every two weeks at home, one way or another
  6. Do a whole routine for John without talking, forgetting or stopping (Feb 3, baby!)
  7. Flip upside down on the pole (April 4)
  8. Stay in shoulderstand for 5 minutes (April 12)
  9. Stay in headstand comfortably for 5 minutes (April 12, for a relative value of comfort)
  10. Read an interesting non-fiction, non-biography book (Ghost in the House: Motherhood, Raising Children, and Struggling with Depression by Tracy Thompson; Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck; Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock, Monster Movies & the Truth about Reality by Brad Warner; The Bust Guide to the New Girl Order edited by Marcelle Karp and Debbie Stoller; The End of Food: How the Food Industry is Destroying our Food Supply - and What You Can Do About It by Thomas F. Pawlick)
  11. Take a non-fitness class (maybe bookbinding?) (Collapse! Sept - Dec 07)
  12. Make at least three new journals (Jan 2, one book bound, Apr 30, one chocolate log book made, Christmas list book, Nov 15)
  13. Finish writing and get my cookbook printed through Lulu (before Christmas!!) (Dec 7, but won't get it in time for Christmas. Oh well, close enough.)
  14. Contact at least 2 friends I have let drift, and meet up with them (Lunch with Ami, Feb)
  15. Do the rude Chinese cross stitch (1st one done April, 2nd one done October.)
  16. Pay off Cathy and Vince (May 27, and thank GOD!)
  17. Take my parents out for dinner (Dec 8, after Handal’s messiah)
  18. Try a new craft (beading?) (Embroidery - I'm doing cute sushi napkins)
  19. Do a really, really obscene cross stitch
  20. Suck it up and have Polish Grandmother over for dinner (Mar 29, Sepember 29)
  21. Grow a garden - and actually water it this year (Peas and tomatoes and carrots and lettuce and potatoes and strawberries all good things.)
  22. Paint another room of the house (the laundry room, July 07)
  23. Go to plays, beyond our Theatre Junction subscription (Chicago, Jan 25 FRC company; Famous Puppet Death Scenes, Feb 2, Theatre Junction; The Retreat from Moscow, Feb 7 ATP; Solo: The Doubt within Me, Feb 23 Theatre Junction; Show No. 2, Mar 16 Theatre Junction; Nunsence, Apr 13 Stage West; Unbound, Apr 14 Theatre Junction; The Movement Cabaret, Apr 20 Theatre Junction (outside of subscription); The Underpants, May 16, Workshop Theatre; Twelfth Night, July 17 The Shakespear Company; Dads, XX, Storybook Theatre; The Full Monty, October 5 Theatre Junction)
  24. Have someone over (for dinner?) every month (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov)
  25. Sent at least one postcard or real letter every month (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, July, Oct)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:50 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

I love the list - hope you keep us posted on how you do.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 5:11 p.m., Blogger Morgan said...

Thanks!
I will. I have to keep myself accountable somehow. Much better to do it in public. :)

 
At 4:20 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

I just noticed #13 - cool! I hope you do that one for sure. Are you using Blogger Beta now?

 
At 7:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the things on your list are giving me ideas for my next list. I haven't managed to do everything on my list but I think I did pretty good. Of course, it took me forever to think of 30 things and soon I will have to think of 31 - I guess I should start writing it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home