Wouldn't want to rush in to something with like, planning
I am so predictable.It's October 30. NaNoWriMo starts in two days. I thought of the genre weeks ago (trashy vampire chick lit) and then stopped thinking about it. I got the vaguest hint of character last night, during a bout of insomnia.
And... that's about as much story development as I plan to do. Thus setting myself up for another year of cracktastic novel writing. (Last year's was a hot mess of aliens, a road trip from hell, Vegas, food porn, and by the end some poolside lesbian scenes - because at that point, I was killing time and words until the end, because I was well aware how cracktastic is was. But fun! In a way that never, ever involves rereading it or showing it to anyone...)
So we'll see. I was debating doing the Serious Book, that deals with my Darryl issues and all that heavy stuff, but then John reminded me that he's not around to pick up the pieces when that sends me into a bad place. So fun, mildly trashy, vampire chick lit it is!
Of course, it's not like I've even figured out the mythology of my vampires, but hey, I probably have a few days before I need that. Plus, it's not like I'm trying to get this published. This is just to prove that I have the discipline and if I reach far enough I can find some creativity. No plans on giving up my day job!

4 Comments:
I'm doing Nano for the first time this year. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
I really admire you for doing this every year. Is this year three for you? I always want to but never do. I'm doing the blog equivalent but it isn't the same thing.
Good luck!
*melanie from www.meli-mello.com
If you're going to focus on trashy vampire chick lit for this thing you might find inspiration in the Charlaine Harris series of books (Dead as a Doornail etc). Really fun stuff. :)
My nano stuff is going slowly...I am well behind my planned output of 2000 words per day...and yours?
Post a Comment
<< Home