Baby, it's cold outside
It's so cold out today, so I have completely avoiding leaving the house. Nathan left around 330 this morning(last night?) and Darren and Erin at 10 this morning, and I think that's been the only time the door has even opened. The highest temperature today was -19oc, and that's just to cold to get out of my fleece pyjamas for. I've had three pots of tea, a nap, finished two different books I've been working through, done my laundry, made muffins, done some cross stitch while I watch old Doctor Who from a dvd I rented from the library... It's been simply delightful. Especially after the crazy pace I've been keeping myself at since John left 7 weeks ago. It was bound to catch up with me eventually - I knew that. I am impressed that it took so long. I've really managed to get a lot done, so yay me.Now - a brand new (library) book and a hot pot of monk's blend tea are calling my name. Time to pile back under some blankets and read until I get hungry enough to start making dinner.
I miss him like crazy, like the constant ache of a phantom limb. I miss him every single day, all the time. But days like today, days were I have no responsibilities to anyone? Well, they're pretty nice, on occasion, I must confess.
Labels: book, boredom, holidailies, solo year, the boy

1 Comments:
I just went back and found out who John is, and where he's gone to. I hope the days and weeks get easier, but that you continue to hold him close to your heart.
Post a Comment
<< Home