26 random things
In honour of my 26th birthday and the entry a day requirements, a list of 26 random things connected to me. Randomly, as they come in to my head.1. I just turned 26.
2. I've been with John for 6 years this week. That's 23% of my life, or 29% of my life that I actually have memories from. That's a lot.
3. He's in Saudi Arabia. For a year.
4. He sent me flowers that are sitting on my desk right now, for our anniversary.
5. Having a work crackberry makes me feel important.
6. I have sent exactly one text message in my life and it was an accident.
7. Apparently my father in law is no longer speaking to me. Oops!
8. I can't even tell you how excited I am to travel to the Middle East in January. Bahrain and Qatar, here we come!
9. My mother hates Christmas, and without John around, I am also deeply disinclined to celebrate.
10. So my family is going to the Dominican Republic for Christmas instead. Yay!
11. I generally read around 200 books a year.
12. I am a nerd.
13. Last summer we road tripped around Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. The year before that, Oregon and way northern California coast. Year before that - Puerto Vallarta with his entire family. Year before that - BC interior, coast and island. Year before that - Toronto. Year before that - a week in the Okanogan Valley.
14. This next year: Bahrain and Qatar, then maybe Jordan for Petra, and then probably Dubai and the Emirates. Can we saw upgrade??
15. I've read so many books set in the UK that I often forget I've never been there.
16. I've been to Costa Rice twice, Mexico 4 times (twice in the interior) and that's it for my travel. I am deeply, deeply excite by this year.
17. It still doesn't make up for John being in Saudi for a year.
18. I've become a big fan of cross stitching.
19. My friend Erin has a program that turns pictures in to cross stitch patterns. The first one she helped me with was Chinese characters that spell out pornography. The one I've working on now is, um, very graphic and uses a lot of flesh tone. It makes me laugh so hard.
20. I love to cook, and to bake, and to eat. A lot.
21. I've won NaNo three times. I've been blogging since 2000. I keep a paper journal. That is, all told, a hell of a lot of words.
22. I have no boundaries and a host of problems. At least I can acknowledge - that's a start, right?
23. I have a nice job that bears no relation to my degree.
24. My house is far nicer than I deserve. It also has 40 year old blue/green shag carpet that John loves and I do not. No one deserves 40 year old shag carpet.
25. I still feel about 15 much of the time.
26. My brain is as random as this post.
Labels: holidailies, identity, meme, writing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home