Saturday, December 22, 2007

Totally too much information

So I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Which involved me lying back on the table, my feet in stirrups, being fitted for a diaphragm, of all things. I felt like I was in the wrong decade - if I wasn't for the blackberry of mine vibrating on the counter beaming me messages from John I might have been more seriously confused. First time the resident had ever fitted one. Today was even harder, trying to find a pharmacy that had one (total failure) or could order one (only had to drive totally across town).

It's the only logical thing, however. I went off the pill right after he left (and, TMI, have LOVED it. Apparently there had been some side effects that had slipped up unnoticed) and don't want to go back on it until I have to. Neither of us like the condoms much, thus pretty much leaving this as my only non-hormonal option. So - one easy choice and I ended up having a rather strange moment with two female doctors all up in my bits. Also, according to Wiki, I'm on of .2% of (American) woman with one. Also, I had no idea that they were popular in the 30s and 40s! I thought they were from far later than that. So I guess it I should have been having a 40s moment, not a 40s moment.

Of course, today, in preparation for going to the Dominican Republic on Sunday, I got my first bikini wax, so that's got to put me in a far more current decade...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home