Leaving on a jet plane
My goodness! I have picked and booked a flight! In one month, I hop on a plane to England, where I get a delightfully long stopover - 12 hours! Then another overnight flight to Bahrain, were I shall meet the love of my life and proceed to have a 9 day vacation. A 9 day vacation that very well may encompass 2 different countries. (Qatar is right next door, and for something like $160 each return, we can spend a few days in a whole 'nother country. Which is good, because I've been told that there's not a ton to do in either place.) Also, did i mention the boy? Because yes, am very, very much looking forwards to that. To him. To being with him.
(Am also looking forward to a change of weather. We're okay today, but spend more than a few weeks at -20 already.)
Partly I'm a little freaked out. I mean, I've never been out of the hemisphere. Sure, I've traveled - summer camps in Mexico and Costa Rica, another 3 trips to Mexico (1 of which was solo), a solo two week trip to Costa Riva at 18 speaking no Spanish with no plans... I've also done a solo trip to Vancouver at 19, and multiple trips with John, primarily but not exclusively road trips. My only trip to Europe, if you can count it, was at age 3 to England, and I don't. I mean, I have zero memories of it. , so I don't count it. So basically, my first trip out of this quadrant of the world involves 12 hours in London, and a week in two Middle Eastern countries. How's that for starting with a bang?
Partly I'm a little freaked out. I mean, I've never been out of the hemisphere. Sure, I've traveled - summer camps in Mexico and Costa Rica, another 3 trips to Mexico (1 of which was solo), a solo two week trip to Costa Riva at 18 speaking no Spanish with no plans... I've also done a solo trip to Vancouver at 19, and multiple trips with John, primarily but not exclusively road trips. My only trip to Europe, if you can count it, was at age 3 to England, and I don't. I mean, I have zero memories of it. , so I don't count it. So basically, my first trip out of this quadrant of the world involves 12 hours in London, and a week in two Middle Eastern countries. How's that for starting with a bang?
Labels: grown ups, holidailies, solo year, the boy, vacation

1 Comments:
how cool! that'll be fun. I think Doha has changed a bunch since I was there, but if you can, definitely do a trip to the In-Land Sea. There are tour companies. You go 4x4-ing through the desert and then have a lunch while there. Night under the stars? don't know what that entails. i'm sure its fun. Check out the City Centre. Big mall, and if Sana is still there, go to that store. Dirt cheap clothes. Mostly name brands with tags cut off. 3rd recommendation Turkey Central for food, Al-Mirghab St. Cheap and so good!
I'm jealous. have fun though!
Post a Comment
<< Home