Seems obvious to me...
So John and I both have crazy big computer desks, and are both a bit addicted to the internet. (Let me put it this way - I made arrangement to have the the phone and high speed internet connected to the new house weeks before I found house insurance. Which I only did today.) We spend a fair amount of time sitting in front of the glowing box, and really don't want to be stuck in separate rooms to do it. Our current office/computer room is 7'x12', and I know we could squish both desks in one of the bedrooms in the house. But really, why? This is part of who we are, of what we do. We are wired geeks. The people who will be visiting our house (should) already know this. Why squish ourselves into a small bedroom when we have so much house to play with? Exactly.So the question became: living room or family room? After a very short debate, we decided the living room (22'x14') will become the computer room. Sure, it's right to your right when you walk in to the house, but so what? We have neither the furniture nor the lifestyle that is necessary for a formal living room, and a family room 6 feet away. So our tv and couches and such will go into the family room (19'x14'), and our computers in the living room. Seems very reasonable to me. And to John. And to my family.
I told Mike about it today, and he stared at me like I had 3 heads. "But that will be the first thing people see!!" "And," I asked. "You just can't."
I was floored. I mean, it seems so logical to me. Am I the crazy one here??

1 Comments:
It makes perfect sense to me. I think you and I have the same desk. And mine is right smack dab in the middle of our living room.
As it should be!
Post a Comment
<< Home