Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Today's the day!

So in not that many hours, my parents will pick me up from work and we'll head south and meet John (and possibly his entire family...) at the house. I'm excited. And a bit sad; one part of my life (let's call it the Apartment Year) is over and the new part (home ownership and debt) is beginning. I've never been good at change...

So instead of dwelling, let me tell you about the future probable in-laws, aka John's parents, aka Cathy and Vince. Now, they've developping into nicer people. But she is insane, and so is he. A bit of background. They married when Cathy was all of 22, promptly had two kid who are only 14 months apart, and seperated by the time John was 2. Bad times insued, for everyone as far as I can tell. They got back together when John was 10. Things, from what I know, stayed pretty rocky. In the three and a half years that I've known John, they've become a lot happier with each other, and life, but they still are insane.

Oh, and they call him Pumpkin. When I first started being around and calling him John, there were times when I could see it take 20 seconds before they could figure out who I was talking about. John is almost 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, an Engineer in Training, owns a house, et cetera. And yet, they still always call him pumpkin. (I'm not allowed. Becaust it's just too creepy.)

Don't get me wrong, I like both of them. I just think that they're a tad, you know, insane. I'll have more stories about them soon. I just have to figure out how best to tell them. Now, to go luck at OUR house!

1 Comments:

At 3:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I just finally got your comment from like a week ago today. There are no abandoned buildings in Canada? Are you kidding me? Wow! This is mind-boggling to me. That an entire country could be so...efficient...or permanent, or something, not to have any abandoned buildings. They've always been such a huge part of my landscape, both literally and in psychic-landscape terms. We use buildings up so fast, and then we just run from them, I think. And nobody comes along and wants the old one, when they could have a nice new one instead. If we have to we just pull it down and start again.

I hope the meeting with John's parents went well. You have a house! Oh, that's so cool and amazing. It would completely freak me out to have a house. It looks wonderful from the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home