Thursday, June 23, 2005

Vamanos!

Life has been busy. We have mopped up the basement a few more times, planned and hosted a party for 35 for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary and unpacked everything but the library. Planned (no, not really) an open house for this weekend. Planning has essentially involved inviting other people and defrosting all the desserts from last weekend. Oh, and making sushi rolls. Everything else is pretty much still set up from last weekend. And then next weekend? We're going to Mexico.
In July.
With his entire family, including Other Grandma.
And Aunt.

Thank God Cathy decided each couple gets their own room, because at one point, she was planning on rooming John's sister and her boyfriend with us. Can we say Not Cool? So at the very least, no matter how miserable people are, at the very least I will be at a 4 star all inclusive resort in Mexico with a room to share just with John. The place is all you can drink booze included, so there is no way anything can be that truly bad, is there? Other Grandma says something hateful? Sounds like time for another icy tequila drink!

I have got this all planned out.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they didn't pull the old "no sleeping in the same bed under our roof until your married." My parents thought they were going to do that to the Mister and I one summer at the cottage in Nova Scotia. "Mum, I'm 27, he paid his own money and flew across the country to spend 2 weeks here, his stuff is already moved into my apartment back home - I am not making him sleep on the pullout couch alone."

My Mum actually laughed when she thought about the ridiculousness of it but they just assumed we wouldn't be sleeping together because they were around.

 
At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Morgan said...

It's even weirder, because John and I were to be allowed to share a bed, but Christine would get the other bed and Will has going to have to sleep on a futon, according to her plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home