Hi, I'm still here
So what have I been up to in the long quiet since Holidailies ended? Stuff, I guess. I had a stomach virus last week, and that was gross. Cathy and Vince came from from their vacation and upped my stress level by one million points. John had a birthday and is now only somewhat young. (He's just over a year younger than me.)We started Indian cooking classes with my mom, and can now make absolutely divine naan bread in our kitchen. Totally worth the price of admission, that. I mean, the rest of the class is great and all, but do it yourself naan bread is to die for. Easy, too. The roti, tandoori fish, dal, channa, butter chicken and more are pretty freaking awesome too.
We saw a play that some friends are in (Evita) and a lacrosse game. The play was fun, but it did underscore the fact that I need to get my hearing checked again, as my range of what I can hear is getting smaller. (I've had a hearing disability my whole life, but it's getting worse, I guess.) Lacrosse made me feel excited and pumped for the first two periods, sleepy for the 3rd and excited when we won in the final period. Not enough violence and we never did understand what many of the rules actually were. This picture doesn't even begin to do justice about how a 200 pound man looks in a 600 pound man shirt full of padding. Funny, but understandable. They really wale those balls.
Mainly, I've been tired and pouty and feeling down about stuff, and no one, including me, wants to hear about that shit.
One good thing is that my corporate exercise classes started up on Monday, and so I can return to the world of exercise induced endorphines, and that always makes me a happier, more adjusted person. Monday and Fridays are fitness combo, which consists of a bunch of various cardio classes, like Cardio Pump and Bootcamp and Step. Thursdays is Fitness on the Ball, a primarily muscle workout with those giant inflated balls. Wednesday, for 6 of 12 weeks anyway, is Dive to the Core. That's right - strippercize! At work! With people I work with!
It's actually been a bunch of fun. John thinks this is the best fifty dollars we'll have spent in a long, long time, but that's John for you. Yesterday's class was just a killer ab workout. I can still feel my obliques and my hip flexors twinging occasionally. I can't imagine how they'll feel after the next hour of core work...
It's great though. I mean, I take them at work, only a few floors down from my office. They aren't very expensive, considering. They get me out of the office and keep me from either sitting on my ass reading or spending money we don't really have.
Honestly? I do exercises because it keeps me from being depressed. I find as long as I keep moving I stay happier. And right now? I need for those happy hormones to start flooding back in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home