Letting go of the clutter
Well, the resolutions are coming along nicely. No headway on a great book yet, though I have already read 2 books and am part way through 3 more this year. (It is very hard for me to read just one book.) I already mentioned the date night, but the third resolution has gone even better. Sitting in the hallway I have four very large and very well stuffed bags of clothing to leave this house. Now, in fairness, my aunt dropped off two medium full bags of clothes on New Year's day, so all 4 bags aren't just stuff I already owned. Given how full I stuffed them, I'd say that more than 3/4 of the bags were full of stuff from my closets, and yes I know that's embarrassing. The problem with hand me downs - guilt makes you keep things. But I emptied the guest room closet, where all the clothes I don't wear regularly live, and sorted through every single piece. I also went through the open shelving unit in our bedroom and got rid of some and actually sorted the rest. At this point, the bags can go, but I do also want to go through my drawers. I have too much stuff. Especially things like tshirts, which I now really only wear on weekends, so I really don't need 2 drawers full. Or that many pajamas.I do, however, need that many pairs of pretty underwear.
I feel good to have got so much out of the house, or at least, on the way out of the house. Some of it was hear, and some I saved the fabric for scraps, though that is mostly based on how nice the fabric is, not for sentimental reasons. My grandmother cannot be remembered in a pair of pants; stories of her keep the memories alive. A pair of purple pants I don't even remember her wearing are not what I need. It's just hard to let go anyway.

1 Comments:
oops, sorry! I wonder why it isn't working. anyway, my actual adress is gloamling at yahoo. so you can send to that!
Post a Comment
<< Home