Reno Hell, Day 2
I learned a lot today. Like: every thing takes far longer than I expect it to. Far, far longer.Also:
I installed a light! With help from my dad, but I installed a light! Yay me.Also, mudding is messy and time consuming, but that's NOTHING compared to trying to get fucking wall paper paste off the wall. Hours of work, and after all that scrapping, I still have to go over it with an oil primer, and that will cause some of the paste to come to the surface so I can sand it off, and seal the rest. Then I have to prime it in latex, so the latex paint will stick to it. Then I have to paint 3-4 coats of paint, because I chose a dark brown. And before I can get there, I have to mud and scrap, mud and scrap and if I'm unlucky, mud and scrape again.

You can see that I need a fucking lot of mud:

This is just the first pass. Sigh.
And to think I thought I'd get most of this done in a weekend. Fucking home reno tv shows - making this look so damn easy and fast. Liars, all of them.

2 Comments:
We are drywalling our basement. It is HELL. I wish we'd never started.
You are far, far braver than I!
We will probably have 60s fake wood pannelling covered in bumper stickers until the end of time, because as tacky as it is, it's sure easier than drywalling!
Post a Comment
<< Home