Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's (almost) birthday time

Much to my complete(ly inappropriate) shock, I turn 25 next week. I am well aware that it does not mean that I am old. (I work almost exclusively with between 40-55.) However, it does sound like a far too mature age. I mean, I always said I'd never marry before 25. And now I'm 25. Okay, I'll be 25 in less than a week. It just sounds like such a grown up age!

Even more intense - Two days after my birthday is our 5th anniversary. That's 20% of my life. More if you count the fact I only have about 6 memories before the age of 5. That's just... I don't know. A lot of time. It kind of makes my head spin.

In the next day or so I'll be posting my 25 in 25 list - twenty five things I would like to achieve/complete/try in the next year. It's a rather random list - I composed most of it while sitting through a rather boring presentation. I'm hoping that I can use it to motivate myself to actually do some of the things I always mean to try, for example taking a fun non-fitness class. It will also include more practical things, like finish paying off John's parents the money they lent us to help buy our house. (We're more than halfway there!) I don't know. I think at this point trying to do a 101 in 1001 sounds too overwhelming, so I figure I'd start small. Smaller, anyway.

In other news, NaNo progresses. 34,315 words and counting. Just slightly behind the pace. I have identified my major weakness in writing - the plot. As in, I'm really bad at, you know, having one. I do love the dialogue though, that is very clear. So next time, I either have to figure out some sort of actual plot in advance, or just skip it altogether for some witty dialogue. Hee. That would be so hard to read. Not that anyone will probably read this year's book either. 2004 was a giant Mary Sue story about, well, my figuring some stuff out. This year involves more than one passage complaining about families. Plus aliens, which is at least creative. *shrug* I'm feeling a bit burnt out by it, so will be glad when the month ends. You know, when I'm 25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home