I am done!
I did it! It's over, it's dead! I never have to look at it again! The aliens have a solution, my characters are as resolved as I care to make them, and I still can't really explain the rather surprising entrance of lesbian sex in to the book. But that's okay, because I have a winner's certificate and the knowledge that I did something genuinely creative. Not my strong point, by any stretch. I am by nature not particularly creative. Story writing growing up was hell because I lacked the imagination gene, I think. This story may be total shit, but it is creative and unique and not in any way based on something I've read or experienced. Well, except for that one paragraph ranting about "Nancy" who was acting a lot like Cathy who was driving me crazy. But otherwise? Fabricated in the odd depths of my mind. For that, I am very, very proud of myself.I also know what I need to do next time to make it better. 2004 I wrote a total Mary Sue chick lit and it taught me that I have to try and be creative. This year I got past that but got stuck on the plot, so next time I'll work on that as well. Baby steps. I'm quite pleased with myself and the fact that I have two shitty 50,000 plus word novels sitting in my hard drive. Quality be damned, it's quite the accomplishment.
In a bit of fun, it's good to know that the aliens are following me everywhere .
![]() |
| 'What" will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com |
Labels: NaNoWriMo


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home