It is a good excuse, I think
I often post my goals here and/or tell them to people to keep me accountable. Like NaNoWriMo. I mean, it's not like the internet will yell at me for not doing something I said I would, but, well, I respond well to that kind of (imaginary) pressure. So it's sad that I have to admit I totally failed the cleanse this week. Lasted three days and then Thursday? Not so much so.However, as excuses go, I think I have a pretty good one. Acute bronchitis with a head cold. There were chest Xrays and I have a steroid puffer. (Apparently, I'm sicker than I thought.)
I just want to say that I love our health care system up here in socialist Canada. By Wednesday morning, the coughing had become pretty bad, so I called the nurse line to see if I should be going to a doctor, or just, you know, drink another 7 cups of tea. (I hate to waste doctors' time if I don't have to. I mean, most colds you just have to suffer through.) The nurse said I should get my ass to a doctor that afternoon, if possible, or the next morning. At 1, when the office opened up, I called my doctor's office, and they said they could get me in at 3:10. I left work, took the train to the office, had to wait a while to talk to the doctor, but eh, last minute appointment, who can complain? Got a prescription for some inhaleable steroids and a chest x-ray. The clinic upstairs was just closing for the day, so I had to go yesterday. Walk in, wait maybe 30 minutes, get the Xrays done, leave. Total cost to me? $20 for the inhaler. (I have to say that my work health insurance helped, as it was originally $100. Then again, by the time we run it through John's insurance, it will be free.) That and the $44 dollars I pay for health care every month, which is taken right out of my paycheck so I don't have to worry about it. Instead, I just have to worry about accidentally coughing out my lungs and getting better by next Friday's trip to Kicking Horse ski resort.
Labels: life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home