Thursday, January 04, 2007

Whoo!

Cookbook cover

It sure is shiny. And full of pages. 94 pages, I believe. I'm quite pleased with myself. Also, I'm pretty pleased that many of the recipes I cook somewhat often are all collected in one volume, instead of being spread out over 4 binders, a hardbound book, and 50+ cookbooks. So much simpler this way.

Random interior shot

I'm not planning on selling it, though Lulu.com does have that option. I've stolen far too many recipes from various sources to do that, though I did my best to credit every recipe I could think of the origins of.

The crappy

The book is in large part for me, and for my friend Nathan, who is moving out of his parents' house into his new condo at the end of the month. He's been asking on and off for recipes, and I was planning on photocopying pages out of my binders, but then I thought that this would be better, more interesting, and certainly a nicer presentation for a move in present. John's sister, who is moving to England in a few weeks, is getting one too. I have to say, I struggled with feeling this was far too egotistical a gift to give, but in the end, I said fuck it and did it anyway. I'm pretty pleased with how well they came out, through I noticed more than one grammar or formatting error that I let slip through. Next time I will finish ealier and have more time to review, I swear! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:49 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

Good for you, that is a great gift for your friends and for you. I love the cover.

 
At 4:00 p.m., Blogger Morgan said...

Totally a Lulu template, but it was just so shiny! How could I resist? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home