Monday, December 18, 2006

Writing about why I'm not writing

I honestly think that the 50 thousand words last month have sapped my will to write. Anything. Heck, I haven't even written anything other than concert and book reviews in my paper journal in ages. I did get the cookbook off to the prniters, but I already had all the receipes written and it was simply a matter of rearranging them and writting a few blurbs before recipes.

Actually, I'm pretty please with it. I really don't care if anyone I give it to is, but now all of my staple recipes plus some of my favourites will be bound together in one volume. Which, considering they are currently spread throughout 4 binders, 1 blank book and 45ish cookbooks... Wasn't even that expensive. After the currency conversion and the shipping, it was only like $18 per book, and that's 94 pages with a colour casebound cover. You'll notice below that I crossed that out on my 25 in 25 list. I also took my parents out for dinner before we saw Handal's Messiah, and wrote my sister, who's at UBC a letter. And I have been exercising at home occasionally. I have the peeling pole dancing calluses to prove it.

I have done all my Christmas shopping and wrapped everything already. Put up the tree yesterday. (Note to self - when Cathy and Vince cut down a tree from their place in BC, take it off their hands ASAP and water it. 1 month without water (the bucket fell over) was not a good thing. Also? Has huge whole in one side and flat spot on other. How is that possible? They could see the tree before they cut it. Maybe buy one next year. More expensive, but probably more attractive. This tree is shorter than John. Why did they cut it?)

Bascially I am just reading all the time. 15 books this month already, so just about a book a day. Cam you tell I'm hiding frmo the world a little bit? Yes, yes I am. So much that I don't want to deal with right now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home