A little self indulgent whining
Yeah, I totally didn't make it to Kicking Horse. I'm still sick, and let me just say that after 3+ weeks, I'm really fucking tired of it. The chest x-ray came back clean, so yay. However, since then I've had two bouts of head colds, an endlessly mutating cough and still wake up in the middle of the night, every night, to cough. At least now I don't have to stand up to do it. Also, I haven't made any one else sick, so I'm happy. Also glad I work for a company where pretty much everyone has their own office - I would probably be a lot less popular in an open plan concept work space.Being sick for this long really has messed up all my plans for pretty much everything. Missed Kicking Horse, had to blow off cross country plans, missed some great snow at Sunshine, been to sick to want to go to High Performance Rodeo (also, hard to go to live theatre when you can't stop coughing), missed out on various John secret plans...
This week at the doctor's I had about 13 blood tests (thankfully only 6 vials), a urine test and an EKG done. Waiting to hear if any of that turns up what's wrong, what's been wrong for months. This cold's been brutal, but I've been sick pretty steadily since November and I haven't really been healthy in at least twice that long. Hopefully they can figure out why, because it's been interfering rather substantially in to my life. And in my relationship.
Okay, yes, I am full of self pity. I'm working on it. I also have worked out exactly once since January 1 and have slid in to a bit of a funk. (Understatement.) But I did manage to go to pole dancing yesterday, and it as fun. But my goodness I'm sore. My arms, mostly. I have no desire to lift them, if I can possibly help it. But at least it's a start, and suggests that I'm coming through this cold. Any day now. I hope.
Labels: life

3 Comments:
Good Lord do I hear you! I keep trying to convince the Mister that I am well enough to do things (like, you know, make out) but he doesn't believe me - and I can't blame him since I just made cupcakes and am now completely exhausted. I also feel like one big pity party these days and the coughing! Ugh! Just so tired of it all.
hey, are you on facebook? because I'm geeking out on it and if you're on it then I can add u in my friends list.
Nah, my little sister does facebook and the whole concept just made me feel old.
Post a Comment
<< Home