Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I am Female, Age 26.

I had an interesting experience tonight. I volunteered to be part of a psychology study about depression at the university. It took two hours, and was quiet interesting. More than an hour of questions, 10 minutes of experiment, some more questions, a happifying period, and some more questions.

One of my coworkers treated me, when I told her about this, like I was going to do some fabulous altruistic thing, but that's not true at all. When ever I get depressed, I read about depression. (Actually, that carries through to every single thing in my entire life - I think about x, so I read about x. X, randomly over the years has been: suicide, depression, mental illness, motherhood, marriage, travel locations, sexuality, food, history. I am a book whore, and I'll read anything.) I know it's not that normal - most people, when depressed, don't seem prone to reading, especially about their condition. But that's me all over - always happy to hunt down information. Life without books, in wenchland, would be not worth living. So I did this study, which I did for free except the $5 to cover transit expenses, I did for the greater knowledge good. I mean, other people have volunteered for the studies that made their way into the books I have that (may have) helped me in the past. The least I could do is return the karmic favour.

Plus! An hour to get to talk about my problems for free! Still trying very hard to keep busy so the time without him is less lonely! Bus fare!

Okay, kidding about that last one. Mostly.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home