Sunday, June 26, 2005

Damn it

John's working crazy overtime this weekend because the piping department sucks. We're talking until 2 am on Thursday, Friday (his day off) he worked for +7 hours, Saturday was our open house, and today he's been at work for 12 hours and counting. So, because he's working so much, I thought I would be nice and make him a nice dinner. I forced him to take a break and come home and eat, even. I made a veggie soup with leftovers from yesterday's veggie tray, and this ( http://www.babbonyc.com/rec-pumpkinlune.html ) really good pasta. With freshly ground nutmeg, purple sage from our garden and mitizthra cheese. It was really good.
But.
I chipped my fucking front tooth on my fork while eating it!


I hate dentists. And now I probably have to go this week before leaving for Mexico. I spent years of my childhood in a dentist chair. I had top and bottom retainers, for about 5 years, and biweekly dentist appointments for a while. Then, after that was over with, I went about 10 years without going to the dentist. In part because my parents had no insurance and didn't suggest it, though even after I started university and had insurance I still stalled for 4 years, until the insurance was just about to run out. That was last year, and I only had 4 cavities, 2 of them tiny. Not bad for 10 years of neglect. But now? I have to go back.

Oh, and for the record? All those years of pain and stinky retainers and such? Didn't work. My lower jaw is a mess, to the point where I think the easiest thing to do would be to pull one of the teeth and hope the rest actually moved in to some form of straight line arrangement, instead of the layered mess I still have. And I still have a babytooth - a lateral incisor on the top. The other lateral incisor is a fucked up tiny peg tooth. I have a strange smile. It makes me self-conscious after I see pictures of myself.
http://www.oralb.com/images/learningcenter/teaching/permanent_teeth_diagram.jpg

So now, I have 3 out of 4 of my lateral incisors fucked up. Poor number 4... I wonder when it will meet its doom?

3 Comments:

At 7:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a long and varied history with the orthodontist. I started with retainers when I was nine, moved to head gear and have had braces twice. Even now I have to wear a retainer every night or my top teeth will go crooked. You didn't happen to have Dr. Rabinovitch did you?

 
At 9:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to go to the dentist soon, too. I have never had a cavity in my life and that was with regular every-6-months dental visits. Now it's been 2-3 years and my teeth are feeling a little sensitive, but I don't even know what cavities feel like, so who knows. And I'm jealous of you going to Mexico. You will probably fly right over my house!!

 
At 8:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dentists....*shudder* I avoid going unless I absolutely have to, which is ridiculous behavior for an old woman, but there you have it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home