Ulcer
Hello ulcer, my friend. This season has been good to you, hasn't it? I know that most of the presents were easy, but that one to Christine and Will sure did pour on the stomach acid, didn't it? Now, with the car crapped out and a $900 repair bill, you sure are loving it, aren't you? How about the fact that every single time Cathy asks if what is going to happen on Christmas Day, in case there have been any fucking changes since the last time she asked, I want to throw up? I'm sure that's a good dose of stomach eating acid. Gosh. Won't Christmas itself be a blast? Christmas Eve with his Polish family who hates me because I am half German, am fat, am ugly, and am probably out to steal all of his money. (I'm serious. They have told him this many times, including on the way home from Mexico while I sat there beside him. Apparently, by being an engineer and having a house and a woman who loves him means he is living his life wrong.) Two of the cousins will not break bread with me before the meal. The on Christmas Day, his immediate family wants time, my aunt who is only in town every second year is having dinner and I promised to attend (plus, I actually LIKE them, as does John) and my parents are sad, because when do they get time with us? Plus, my sister is out of province, so they don't even have her. God, I'm going to cry again, aren't I? When do John and I get to be with each other? We don't even have time to buy the freaking tree yet, let alone set it up. Plus, the whole not having a car thing makes everything that much harder.At least there is chocolate and prezzies. VP S. brought me a box from Purdy's, Pres J got me one from Bernard Callebaut, N made me a brownie, S got me a penguin ornament, the mail room offered me seashell chocolates, tomorrow I am getting a gift along with my 'division' and later this week a present from my boss. Yay. Obviously, I have done well at work this year, much better than last year, and people seem to like me, so that's really nice. It doesn't eliminate the stomach churning stress, but it does reduce it and make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
It also reminds me that I have better bring in a bunch of jam as gifts for people. With 18 different kinds of jam, I should be able to spread the (sticky) love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home