New Year's Eve
So listen. That was a freaking rocking New Year's Eve party. About 20 people, more than half that I knew well. An excellent New Year's kiss with the one I love. A lot of drunk conversations with those I like best. I made a delicious shepherd's pie, and ate the rest for breakfast while everyone else ate wifesavers. There was champagne at midnight, there was snacks all night, there were delicious chocolates. People who aren't me played pool, a series of continuous games until 3 am (barring a 15 minute Happy New Year break) when the hosts forced them to go to bed. There were stories told, moments of celebration, and an enormous amount of laughter. A boundless potential for something best left unsaid. A personal consumption of 1.5 bottles of wine. Truly, an excellent and promising start to the new year, especially if you believe the way you start your year is a good indication of the way it will continue.(Seemed to bear true from 2005, anyway.)
Now, I seem to owe about half a dozen people dinner in the next while. Could it be that I am becoming social?!?!?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home